The church of St. Peter and St. Paul is based on a medieval plan and the original main structure, which was wholly demolished before rebuilding in the 19th century, is thought to have contained 12th century elements. There is now hanging on the wall near the door to the Vestry a sketch of this Church dated 1793, produced by Claude Nattes, the artist who, under the instruction of Sir Joseph Banks, also portrayed a picture of Kettlethorpe Hall, which now hangs in Revesby Abbey. A close study of this sketch confirms that nothing of the original structure now remains. The Tower resembles the original but must have been rebuilt. The nave was pulled down completely, destroying the original structure which contained work of the early 12th century. The Chancel must also have been rebuilt, possibly with some of the original stones, but conforming in plan only. This is borne out by the fact that in 1809 a Faculty was granted for the complete reconstruction of the Church, presumably instituted by Lady Ingilby-Amcotts, who apparently bore the cost.

The reconstruction consisted of:-

a) The rebuilding of the Tower with limestone blocks from the original church.

b) The reconstruction of the Nave in white brick and with a slate roof in the traditional style.

c) The rebuilding of the Chancel, stuccoed, and with round headed wooden windows to match the Nave.

In form therefore the Church dates from 1809. It is recorded that certain alterations, additions and improvements took place:-

1864 – when the North Aisle was added in the same white brick, incorporating monuments and glass windows in memory of the Cole family.

1874 – a new East window was added in the Decorated Style in memory of the Reverend Atkinson who had been Rector for some thirty years.

1896 – under the guidance of Herbert Kirk, an architect of Sleaford, the following were incorporated:-

a) Old round-headed windows replaced by tracery in Ancaster Stone, two lights each, in the Chancel and the Nave.

b) Stucco removed from the Chancel walls.

c) Seating reorganised.

About this time the Font was replaced and a new Pulpit placed where it now stands. The carved oak Pulpit is believed to have been brought over from Brittany.